My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me identify the model number for this Landpride finish mower. I just bought it used, and it did not come with an owner's manual. I would like to replace a couple of the tires, and the model number would be handy when it is time for new blades, belts, etc. It is a six-foot mower, side discharge, if that helps.

Thanks for any input.

landpride mower.jpg

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I believe it's a 15-72. I had a 10-60 a while back; the 10-series is a flat deck, the 15- series had a tunnel deck, like that one. The last digits are the deck width in inches.

Land Pride makes an outstanding product, IMO. I've had two of their rototillers, and the one mower deck, very tough pieces of equipment.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it's a 15-72. I had a 10-60 a while back; the 10-series is a flat deck, the 15- series had a tunnel deck, like that one. The last digits are the deck width in inches.

Land Pride makes an outstanding product, IMO. I've had two of their rototillers, and the one mower deck, very tough pieces of equipment.
Thanks for your help. The only problem with this mower is that a couple of the tires leak. The man I bought it from demo'd it for me, and it cut very well. I just couldn't pass up the price (I hope you're setting) of $450.00 for this thing.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I don't know anything about the Land Pride products, but if all that is wrong are a couple of leaking tires, you stole that mower!

Congrats. From what I have heard from others, they are really good. Well done.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
That's an impressive deal. I gave over $1100 for my 10-60 over ten years ago, and the 15- series was another couple of hundred more than that.

I'd check out the gearbox really well, and change the lube, unless you know it's been recently done. I used 80W-90 in mine. The tires, unless they are dry-rotted, you may be able to fill them with that no-flat gooey stuff that you squirt in the valve stem. Can't remember what it's called.

L-P doesn't make these mowers any more, they've gone to a rear discharge deck. I used mine as a pasture mower, and cut some pretty tough stuff, almost like a bush-hog. The tunnel decks are much better because the can handle higher grass better and get rid of the clippings better. What are you using for power?

·
Gone Green
90 Posts
If I recall I pulled a copy of the owner's manual for my LP mower from their website. Hey, I've got a leaky tire too! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's an impressive deal. I gave over $1100 for my 10-60 over ten years ago, and the 15- series was another couple of hundred more than that.

I'd check out the gearbox really well, and change the lube, unless you know it's been recently done. I used 80W-90 in mine. The tires, unless they are dry-rotted, you may be able to fill them with that no-flat gooey stuff that you squirt in the valve stem. Can't remember what it's called.

L-P doesn't make these mowers any more, they've gone to a rear discharge deck. I used mine as a pasture mower, and cut some pretty tough stuff, almost like a bush-hog. The tunnel decks are much better because the can handle higher grass better and get rid of the clippings better. What are you using for power?
I'll be pulling it with my Deere 3005. Like you, I'll be using it to make some of the field areas look nicer, and I do have a 5' KK brush cutter for the tougher stuff.

The man I bought it from did demo it for me, and it ran smoothly. I will likely go ahead and change out the gear oil anyway. Just for peace of mind if nothing else. The gearbox had no leaks that I could see.

I may just pull one of the wheels/tires and take it to Rural King and TSC to see if they stock anything that matches up.

Thanks again, guys.

Tom

·
Unbreakable Breaker
186 Posts
Tom, I have a 6' Land Pride finish mower (in my pic) that came with my tractor and I love it. Rural King has all of the parts, and if you're near the Columbus, IN store, The guys down there have been really good at helping me with any little parts I have needed. Just be real nice and they are usually very helpful. They have sold me "used" parts off of scrap decks before. (pretty cheap too!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom, I have a 6' Land Pride finish mower (in my pic) that came with my tractor and I love it. Rural King has all of the parts, and if you're near the Columbus, IN store, The guys down there have been really good at helping me with any little parts I have needed. Just be real nice and they are usually very helpful. They have sold me "used" parts off of scrap decks before. (pretty cheap too!)
Well, small world! I am not that far from Columbus, or from you. I am in Brown County, just outside Nashville a couple of miles. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: I checked the pictures in your profile. I think your mower is either much newer than mine, or you keep it well cleaned up. Sort of off topic, I also saw you have a Cub GT2554. How do you like that rider?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts