My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got my '67 landlord 2012 in working order bought a new carb for it part# 391070. I have never heard this thing run but it idles and runs great. Only problem is as I increase the throttle from idle it seems as if it is way to high for what it should be at half throttle the motor seems like its screaming and gonna blow. So usually I keep it at about 1/4 throttle or so when I'm just putting around or dragging the driveway. I have adjusted the governor arm like you should. Messed with the rod adjustment nuts a bit but nothing changes. After about a minute of shutting it off it leaks fuel out of the overflow hole on bottom of carb. Could my issues be with the float? Or is it something else? Really don't want to toast this engine as it doesn't smoke and seems to be a solid motor.

Thanks guys,
Matt

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
Glad to hear she's runnin! They are a ball, and the 12 Briggs is a great engine. Sounds like you have a good one. I just got a nice B-12 running, that I brought home Saturday. Oh, how I LOVE that first fire, and then the anticipation of it smoothing out and NOT blowing smoke =]

The leak is typical Briggs updraft carb...it's the needle either not seating properly (dirt, wear, insufficient fit...or the float could be outta whack. Most folks stick a common plastic fuel shutoff on the gas line to help prevent a big leak and fire hazard in the garage overnite.

Can't wait to get together! I just got your message and will respond in a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts