My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating getting a Land Pride core aerator (CA1548) for my BX25. If anyone has one and has run it on a BX25 (or equivalent), I would appreciate some feedback on it. They are a tad expensive, but I live next to a golf course and have numerous neighbors who would pay for core aeration (they always want their lawns to look like the course and seem to spend exhorbitant sums of money on them ... might as well throw a little of it my way). I also have my own 2 acres of lawn to aerate, so it would come in handy on my property too.

Specifically, I'd like to know how it does on the actual aeration, plug ejection and so forth, how it matches with the BX25, and any hints for using it (how many passes, etc.).

·
Registered
16 Posts
not sure about bx25, I have a 2305 jd, I bought a 1548 aerator last year,I am pleased with it . soil conditions affect performance of course, I put about 150-200lbs weight on mine, I get a 2.5-3 inch plug. they eject well, I usually criss-cross my yard.
brent

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure about bx25, I have a 2305 jd, I bought a 1548 aerator last year,I am pleased with it . soil conditions affect performance of course, I put about 150-200lbs weight on mine, I get a 2.5-3 inch plug. they eject well, I usually criss-cross my yard.
brent
Thanks for the feedback. How often do you do it? Have you seen good results with your lawn vs. not aerating at all?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts