My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for photos or info on this model Lambert 666.
I am looking mainly for photos or info on paint color. The story behind this model tractor is it was made by Lambert for Agway. Squire Applegate was a long time employee of Agway upstate NY. I have seen prhotos of the Red Lambert 666. I cannot figure out the color of this tractor. The PO beleives the tractor was gold. There are some parts showing red on the frame but do not believe this tractor was ever red.
Any help at all especially photos would be great to see. The engine is a 6hp Tech H60. Has a T92 tranny. Deck is also there and appears to have been red.
Decal on sides of hood and on the front of the grill almost seem hand painted.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The Squire Applegates that I've seen are yellow and white. Unfortunately, they must have been a different model year as the grill and hood are different.

Here's a photo of one at a local show:

This tractor is on the front cover of the Mar/Apr '11 issue of LAGT magazine along with a feature story.

I'm in a hurry right now but I might be able to come up with a couple more and better pictures if you're interested.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Squire Applegates that I've seen are yellow and white. Unfortunately, they must have been a different model year as the grill and hood are different.

Here's a photo of one at a local show:

This tractor is on the front cover of the Mar/Apr '11 issue of LAGT magazine along with a feature story.

I'm in a hurry right now but I might be able to come up with a couple more and better pictures if you're interested.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, these were made later on and quite different. I have read the articles in LAGC mag about the one you posted. I may have also seen the Red Lambert 666 in another article\issue.
I have not been able to find much at all about this one.
I started a yahoo group in hopes to find additional owners to share info. The link is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lambertgardentractors/

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had a Lambert a while back. It was a super cool little tractor. Yes, they ran the Borg Warner T92's - the same as my Bready. The funny thing about this Squire though, is that one is on eBay right now in very comperable condition. I talked to the guy last week. It's a little to far north NY for me, otherwise I'd probably be inclined to grab it. I always thought these and the Lamberts had great lines.

BTW - whats that odd-ball red thing in the background?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a Lambert a while back. It was a super cool little tractor. Yes, they ran the Borg Warner T92's - the same as my Bready. The funny thing about this Squire though, is that one is on eBay right now in very comperable condition. I talked to the guy last week. It's a little to far north NY for me, otherwise I'd probably be inclined to grab it. I always thought these and the Lamberts had great lines.

BTW - whats that odd-ball red thing in the background?
Not sure what the red thing is. The photo was taken at the PO house.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes, these were made later on and quite different. I have read the articles in LAGC mag about the one you posted. I may have also seen the Red Lambert 666 in another article\issue.
I have not been able to find much at all about this one.
I started a yahoo group in hopes to find additional owners to share info. The link is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lambertgardentractors/
I know this is a longshot but if you have that issue of LAGT it might be worth it to contact the Applegate owner. I'm pretty sure he had some Squire sales literature and he may know something about the other model years. It certainly couldn't hurt as the owner enjoys talking about his tractors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.