My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, take the day off. You have earned it. Does anyone plan on giving their labor saving devices the day off too?

To everyone who keeps the nation I live in and love running smoothly....Day after Day without fail. :thanku: ( the workers, not the politicians )

Enjoy the day, I aint doing nothing but sipping on lemonade in the shade

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
Well... did a mowing on saterday... first time in a few weeks [was on vacation] and its a clumpy mess!!!! Might redo it today. other then that... stuff gets much needed work done to it. well... unless the wife comes up with something "More Important"

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I know how it can be with the wife changing the list of chores around last minute. I call her the Re-Prioritizer. Never fails to slip in things she wants done ahead of my list of things.. Gotta love those wives...

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Sounds good but, I did that yesterday, I need to tinker, not getting paid, so it isn't real work. Need to change oil & filter and throw on a shape set of blades on the mower, get it ready for tomorrow, should have done that yesterday, was having to much fun here on MTF instead.

Enjoy your day everyone.......

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've been staying right close to the wife since she had surgery Thursday. She says that she's fine now. So, in about a half hour I'm going to go for about a 200 mile ride on the bike for a Labor Day poker run.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I didn't do anything this weekend yet and its great. Going to the Brewer/Cardinal game in a couple hours.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know how it can be with the wife changing the list of chores around last minute. I call her the Re-Prioritizer. Never fails to slip in things she wants done ahead of my list of things.. Gotta love those wives...
... I might be married to your wife's sister...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope not.... her "sister" is a 280 lb biker with a beard. Welder/fabricater by trade...
( I am bigger than he is so I can make jokes like that. ) :trink40:
Welder / fabricator, that could be helpful...:thThumbsU I have a few unfinished projects...

(... actually my wife is about 1/2 that size and although she is a good cook, she can't weld... )

I had the day off (from honey-do list) and played around in the shop. I gave the tractor a day off as well since the lack of rain has kept the grass from going crazy. Now I'm heading out on the motorcycle to meet up with my family for dinner at the lake.

Life is good... enjoy the rest of the holiday!!!

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NH DIESEL, enjoy your ride...Never know how much longer the weather will permit that kind of fun.

I ended up replacing the radiator in my wife's car this afternoon, didn't take very long at all, but I got bored just sipping that lemonade and had to get out and move around some.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. My Reds are getting smacked around real good in Denver right now, but at least the weather is great here...

·
Super Moderator
35,925 Posts
Closed up the pool today! Pulled one tire on the 318 and removed the brake hub (about a 3 hr job) cleaned the brake mechanisms, shaft and drum. Adjusted brakes and reassembled! Did a little measuring on some pieces for my new to me cab to take for metal work!

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Took full advantage of the gorgeous weather and did much more than give my tractors a break. There was a car show a mile or so down the road.

Before anyone asks... Yes there were Mopars, GM, VW, etc, etc... But I'm a Ford guy an Galaxies, Squarebirds, and Vickies are getting rarer and rarer.

Attachments

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
Don't share your Nation but I do share your continent and many values. I felt Labour day should be just that, a day of labour/labor. Feet hit the floor a 6AM...Hand Sythe the corn stalks, chop with chaff for rabbits and picked the corn that was left, husked that 4 bushel and blanched and in the freezer, weeded cukes, plowed and disked harrowed 1.5 acres with the Power King, Broke the top link holder on the tractor, took down 200 feet of fencing with the 3pth my three boys and wife worked alongside me during all this time. NOW I am relaxing sipping on a beer while watching The Waltons...ahh I think I could have lived in Virgina quite nicely then and maybe now. You all have a good labour day.:OHCAN

Hey everyone, take the day off. You have earned it. Does anyone plan on giving their labor saving devices the day off too?

To everyone who keeps the nation I live in and love running smoothly....Day after Day without fail. :thanku: ( the workers, not the politicians )

Enjoy the day, I aint doing nothing but sipping on lemonade in the shade

1 - 20 of 25 Posts