My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...Hi again folks,please reference the below pasted thread for backround...:fing32:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=141869

....its been 2 weeeks since Ive been able to mow and test out....a combination of rain rain rain,and a severe case of tendonitis(work related) which prevented me from doing just about anything normal or an actual test run ....today was the day....when I first fired the mower up it seemed fine,but something was different but I couldnt put a finger on what....no soot that I could see(probably cause all the rubber went the last time...hehhehe)....it mowed great....then suddenly after about a half hour of mowing the droning sound of the blades cutting turned to almost a quiet whisper!!!..... to the point where I thought mebbe the belt had broke and I heard just the engine running......an actual quiet peacefull 'hummmmmmmmmm'...!!!.....apparently after the belt adjusting and some unseen hinderance,whatever it was had finally "broke in"...???.....all this time I never knew it would be this quiet-since I was used to a prior mower that sounded like a garbage disposal when it ran...:banghead3...all I know is that all seems to have worked out and fallen into place thanks to you folks that guided me thru all this.....bein' a 'newbie' sucks...:thanku: for all the help....you guys are great:thThumbsU:trink39::trink40:

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Glad you are up and mowing fine :fing32: The black soot in your other thread could be the grass mold that pops up from time to time. Some years we saw it really bad and other years not so much. Not saying you still didn't need to adjust your belt but thats what it looked like to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...I'd hear of the black mold,but in the 11 years I've been mowing here I've never experienced that,nor have my neighbors-unless this is the first year it kicked in with the drenchingly wet spring and early summer we've had......I mean it REALLY coated that nice yellow deck a solid black,and was very sticky and resistant to wipe off cleanly.....anyway,I'm actually lookin' forward to the next mow...!!:thThumbsU:thanku:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Glad to hear your problem is solved. My belt also wore small grooves in the belt covers but I did'nt have the "soot" problem. I use a leaf blower or a compressor the blow the grass clippings from under the belt guards.

PS...If you have'nt removed your deck yet here's a tip...Thread the spring on the tension cable "up" through the hole in the tensioner arm. I came with the spring threaded "down" and was a real pita to get off,very easy this way.

50 hrs. trouble free on my 135....

·
Registered
412 Posts
In your other post you stated "during the 2 hours it took me to do our yard " How big is your yard?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have had issues with the black mold myself this year it seems to come and go...havent had any of the soot for a couple of weeks but for a while it was all over the tractor :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts