My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LA135 steering question and expanation of my name

Ok First time poster: 1) this is a great site 2) I miss typed my user name I ment howardtheduck LOL

Now for my question. my steering wheel is not straight on my LA 135. I had the dealer fix it once but but it is pretty bad again like a 1/4 (like a 10 on a clock) of the way around. How do I adjust it? I looked at the bolt in the middle of the steering wheel under the plastic cover but it is half covered in a plastic shaft and looks hard to get with a socket.

I also think it is affecting my right side front wheel. Nothing looks bent but it just does not look like it rolls true.

ideas?

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,431 Posts
Welcome! Not sure what to do about the steering, but hopefully a mod will be along soon and can help you out with a name change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey I wanted to post what I have found to fix the issue. the right bushing was bent. It helps to have a John Deere tech as my bother-in-law. Cost me $25 to fix

·
Registered
13 Posts
So did replacing the bushings straighten out the wheel? I've had a drunk front tire for some time I know there is an upgrade from bushings to bearings. Is that what you did?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it did fix the tire and staightened the wheel. I just replaced the bushings no up grade. If it does it again I would up grade. My cost was $25 but my brother in law did the work in about 10 minutes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts