My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a mishap recently and the tractor caught fire. After putting it out, the tractor starts but using PTO shorts battery. Found that wires burned and I now need the connectors to the PTO and could use the connector to the rear wiring harness. Does anybody have some ideas where I can find these parts reasonably? JD dealer wants to sell me a new harness at $128. Not cost effective for an 11 year old tractor.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi pj - glad you're (almost) back in working order. Sounds like you and I have the same set up. I'm at about 430 hours right now. If you don't mind me asking, what happened? Was it a freak incident or is there something I should be careful of to prevent something like this from happening?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Insulated connectors are available at box stores (Home Depot, Lowe's) and automotive supply stores (Advance, O'Reilly's). I will also suggest/RECOMMEND a wire with heat resistant insulation for use where the wire passes near/by the engine. Most appliance repair stores carry this as "stove wiring"...silicon insulation. Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to find the connectors that go into empty plastic housing connector T28586. Its a female connector housing. I have the male end on new pto asm. Easy to get the female T28586 but its empty. I may be able to get housing and small spade connectors than wire them in.

·
Registered
764 Posts
T28586 is a Dephi 56 series connector. So you need MALE 56 series terminals. They will be sized by the cross sectional area of the wire that they will accept.

Delphi is now Aptiv.

Try searching for Aptiv P/N 02962958

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very good info, thanks. Found contacts on industrial websites nothing on amazon or e-bay. I had already ordered T28586 and a six position connector and will use the male spades from it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you. On amazon I found kit contains male/female plastic housings and all connectors called Delphi metri-pack 56 series for $5.99 free shipping. Better than empty housing from JD. See you tube for video to remove/install connector in housing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts