My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noted this a few weeks back on my tractor. When the brake pedal is in its natural position (foot removed), there is significant rattling in the linkages. This was not there before and goes away if I put slight pressure on the pedal (which makes sense as I'm keeping the linkages from vibrating.

Has this happened to anyone else? My initial inspection didn't obviously show that any spring or bushing was missing/damaged in the area where the brake linkages are (not even sure if there is a spring or bushing)...but I was able to mitigate the rattle from underneath by simply applying pressure to the linkages with my hand.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I've seen that before, as on some tractors there is enough play for that to happen. Nothing is worn or anything, just some have it and some don't.

You are right, just put a little pressure on the linkage to stop that - like hooking a weak spring across the linkage, or putting a zip-tie around it. Just anything that will put slight side pressure on the linkage w/o restricting it's movement.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mower Man, I was looking at that same exploded view when I was trying to determine why it was rattling so loudly in the first place. Everything is present and accounted for and nothing looked excessively worn either.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts