My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
What do you think a fair price for a non running gravely l8 would be?
Welcome to the Forum!

A fair price here in the RI community would be about $100 to $150 depending on condition. Lower if it is missing costly parts and on the higher side if it had good paint and not been pieced together.

Price varies from region to region, also if attachments are included.

What part of the country are you in?

RB in RI

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Huh. Va is not too far outside the "gravely rich" zone.

But yes, if I saw a reasonably clean/complete L8 for 150 or so (and if I weren't already suffering from years of G.A.S.) I'd consider it. A runner would fetch 3-400, perhaps more, and the cost to get one running is generally not prohibitive unless there's internal damage/neglect.

If you post pix and descriptions of candidates, I'm sure you'll get opinions. We love to kibbitz on stuff like that :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are 6 for sale this is the only one pictured description says they are not currently running

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
That one doesn't look bad. It's for sure seen some use, but it looks to be all there, and not badly abused. It has electric start and a governor, which are plusses. Also the 106 deck, another plus. It looks like the tires hold air, that's unusual :) Though they could have inflated them just long enough to take the photo.

It's not an L8. There's no third shifter lever.

Based on that, I'd say 150 isn't bad. Even if the engine is junk and you don't want to invest in fixing it, you'd get more than 150 by parting it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That one doesn't look bad. It's for sure seen some use, but it looks to be all there, and not badly abused. It has electric start and a governor, which are plusses. Also the 106 deck, another plus. It looks like the tires hold air, that's unusual :) Though they could have inflated them just long enough to take the photo.

It's not an L8. There's no third shifter lever.

Based on that, I'd say 150 isn't bad. Even if the engine is junk and you don't want to invest in fixing it, you'd get more than 150 by parting it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The L8 shift lever and linkage is camouflaged I do believe. If you have the lever and linkage as in the pic below, then it is a L8, priced right for here. See if you can spin the engine by hand.....

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
D'oh! You're right, that lever is there, it's just hard to see in that photo.

My apologies for adding confusion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts