My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I bought a used L35 and it appears the backhoe has never been taking off. For the love of all creatures big and small!!!!! Why will my backhoe not come off? I have followed the directions on the actual backhoe to a T (and tried other suggestions with information I found on the Internet) and while I am able to release the set pins with the mount levers, nothing budges when it comes to the backhoe coming off. Mind you it took me about 5 hours to just get the mount levers to break free and move from their posts. Seeing this is the first time attempting this, I used a half can of Kroil soaking everything - From the mount holder, to the mount pins, to the mount levers, etc. I actually backed the large bolts on that are part of the mount holder (I believe) and sprayed Kroil in there. (Side note: Has anyone installed a zerk on the bottom of the mount levers? I really do not want to spend the time again getting these to move). Talk about going from crazy excited to f'ing p*ssed in 2 seconds; After I finally got the second mount lever to break free, I thought I was done. Uggg!

Any suggestions out there?

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Not being familiar with the L35 but knowing how things can get jammed and "stuck" when they haven't moved in awhile, your soaking with Kroil is a good 1st step.
I do know that it sometimes takes a day or two of soaking before Kroil and/or similar products can work their wonders.

If you've got the mounting lever in the dismount position and the set pins freed up, you might try using the hydraulic power of the BH to break itself free by lifting the BH up by pushing down with the bucket/boom on hard ground. Be VERY careful and do so it in small steps.
My little BX23's BH uses locking clamps to grasp the mounting pins on the BH and sometimes they stick and won't open. So I shoot them with PB Blaster every now and then to keep things movable. To R&R it I use the tractors hydraulics to do the grunt work, your L35 may be similar.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts