My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a L3240HST and it showed a code 82(swash plate sensor in trouble) on the display and the tractor went into a type of neutral turn the key off and it would clear and run good the hrs. on the tractor were at 199 on the hr. meter the main trany / hydraulic filter and fluid was changed at 100hrs. the fluid level is good if I run the hand throttle up to 1500 rpm the tractor runs good no codes if I take off the hand throttle it will go into code 82 when I go from forward to reverse the kubota dealer has told me that is normal and that I must run the hand throttle up when using this tractor .It does not say that in my Manuel and I was not told to do that when I bought the tractor new and it did not show up for almost 2 years using it at full idle with only throttle from the pedal has anybody ran into this before

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard eliminatethis.
I moved your thread from the L&G forum to here in hopes of it getting more hits.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
I've re-read the post (hard to do without periods etc.,) and if I understand it correctly, you say you've operated the tractor the same way since new (approx 199 hrs) and only lately has it began to set trouble codes. You also indicate that if you keep the rpm up the codes don't set and the dealer says that is the way it's supposed to work. Am I on track?
Sounds like you've kept it properly serviced but we're looking for something/anything that may not be quite right. So heres a couple questions.
1) What fluid did you use and what does your manual spec, SUDT, UDT ?
2) anything unusual happen just before the codes set such as hitting something, brushing up against something etc?

My SWAG would be to check the linkages and find where the sensor for the swash plate sensor is and make sure it's not loose and properly mounted. I don't know what type of switch/sensor it is but most are simple single pole single throw switches and they can get out of adjustment at times. Sometimes they can work loose under normal usage and sometimes they can get knocked loose. Course I could be way out in left field too :D
Good luck & let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the punctuation. When I changed the fluid I wanted the super UDT but all our dealer had in stock was the UDT. nothing stood out as diff. when this happened I am very in tune with my PM's and the overall cond. of our tractor after talking to another dealer they said it should be looked at and looks like it is under warranty :praying: I hope he is right and not the other two dealers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts