My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My L110 Would not start;; So I onscrewed the solenoid out of the bottom of the card put it on the bench and gave it a good cleaning put The carb, Put it back together still wouldn't start took the solenoid out took the rubber and nilon off the plunger put it togather hit the starter and she fired right off; So I took the solenoin out grounded it turned the switch to all positions ON. LIgHTS, Start, it would get 2.8 volts to the soleniod, and no action on the plunger.#1 How much voltage should it get. #2 just what dose it do other then shout the fuel off when the switch is off , I think someone needs to takl to that Engineer, that thought of that..:greendr:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It shuts off fuel to the main jet upon shutdown, which has two benefits:
- it keeps the engine from drawing in raw fuel as it "spins down" to a stop. This prevents the fuel from washing the oil off the cylinders and causing wear.
- it prevents backfire by again preventing raw fuel from being pulled in and then pushed out into the hot muffler (BANG!).

There should be battery voltage there. I do know these don't move very far, so make sure you don't expect the plunger to be pulled in if it's sticking out very far. If you aren't getting a backfire, then rock on. :trink39:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I took the rubber seal out it has run fine, No problems , I am going to leave them out. I have never had any problems with Flooding or washing cyl. down, I have over 3000 hours on some of the kids. In my opion , That carb shoutoff fits in the same catagorie as the hour meator that keeps racking hours when the ignition switch is on, weather the engine is running or not,, I have 2200 hours on one machine's meator, only about 250 hours engine running time. Go figure; Sometimes Life is so good;:trink39:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts