My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my L100 running again so I can hopefully sell it and put a few bucks towards my X320 payment. The mower was running fine, then started chugging while mowing, then died. Wouldn't start, so I pulled it into the garage with the 4-wheeler. The fuel filter was plugged (previous owner somehow got the tank full of stuff, and I didn't want to take the tank out, so I got as much out as I could. Must not have got it all. I know, should've taken the tank out) so I got a new one. From the looks of the old one, it hadn't been changed in quite awhile. Put the new filter on, started right up. Then it started chugging, and died. Now it won't start. I noticed there is very little fuel in the fuel filter, so I'm wondering if the line from the tank to the filter is plugged. Am I off base here? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance. :trink39:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Well first place I would look is the gas cap, check to make sure that the little vent hole in the cap is not plugged. You may here a swoosh sound when you remove it, and if so, thats an indicator its drawing vacuum. We just had a member go through this recently, had it happen myself a couple years ago :fing32:.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The pick-up design in the tank is pretty poor on the L100, this has happened to me twice, I'm not even sure how junk got in the tank but it did, both times I took the fuel line off at the carb, used compressed air to blow air back in the tank, this clears the pick-up and fires right back up, remember to leave the gas cap off with a rag over the tank opening, when you use the air it will pressurize the tank if you leave the cap on and fuel will spray everywhere when you remove the air line from the hose.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well first place I would look is the gas cap, check to make sure that the little vent hole in the cap is not plugged. You may here a swoosh sound when you remove it, and if so, thats an indicator its drawing vacuum. We just had a member go through this recently, had it happen myself a couple years ago :fing32:.
I kinda remembered that thread, so I checked it. It wasn't plugged. When I get a chance I'm gonna get it over to dad's shop and clean out all the lines. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Well, at least thats one troubleshooting idea out of the way then. Let us know what you find and keep checking in :fing32:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts