My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’m a sick L100, heart beat is a B&S model 31f7070112el040304ze, I’ve read several L100’s diagnosis on this site and others with no avail.

Problems are I run fine for a minute or two then start running rough/missing, I'll be fine at full throttle then a second later bog down and foul, then back up to full throttle just fine and back down and foul etc. etc. repeat., no matter where the throttle is set, this is the problem.

I had my carb rebuilt and cleaned up, my gas tank was flushed and I have a new fuel filter, I got a new air filter, got a new spark plug, new battery, I had a bent push rod (intake) and intake valve was ceased from sitting too long, I had it broken free and it’s no longer seized now, got a new intake push rod and yes it’s pushed in all the way now properly, and both rocker arms are gapped correctly and tightened correctly. I get gas fine into the carb/bowl, and carb clicks when key is turned on so I’m getting gas, but running rough.

I checked my gas cap off and on while running so it’s not a gas cap issue.

One thing I do notice I still run when driver gets off the seat, so the safety switch isn’t working, anything to do w/ running crappy? Doubtful.

What is wrong with me!

· Tractor Nerd
3,241 Posts
Might be a sticky float, or a bad intake gasket. These engines can be a pain at times to get working right. Start cheap and easy. But too me, sounds like it's loading up with to much gas.

Most likely it has the automatic choke. You can tell if you have one by looking at the throttle. The rabbit, and push all the way up for choke.

If it has a separate lever for a choke, than it's not automatic.

If it's a automatic choke, make sure the butterfly is moving like it should. Sometimes they can get hung up - stuck.

· Tractor Nerd
3,241 Posts
That would be the automatic choke. Make sure it's working. Also for intake leaks, while engine running. Spray something like starting fluid or even 10w40 and see if the idle or rpms change. If so, it's leaking. Wither it needs to be snugged up more or gasket needs to be replaced. Don't over tighten it, aluminum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.