My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my L's have the remote PTO control at this point and the biggest problem is the hood now will not flip forward and stand. This makes putting fuel in them rather exciting unless you get a block of wood, aerosol can, etc to block it up. While poking around on OldGravelys.net I see there was a prop rod for the electric start hoods listed.

The part numbers were:
ST - 131 - Starter Hood Catch
ST - 129 - Starter Hood Support Rod

They can be seen here on page 10.

Has anyone ever used an electric start hood prop rod on a non-electric long hood? Does anyone have detailed pictures and some dimensions so I can attempt to build a similar setup from? Anyone have one they will part with??

If this hasn't been used what do others do to hold the hood up when fueling your L/C?

Thanks for any help and insight!

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
First off, great question. This was one of my first questions after I got my C8 a year or so ago, as I noticed holes in the hood for a prop rod. Naturally thought I was missing a part. Not sure that they all had them, but I'm pretty sure there is an aftermarket source for them. Usually, I have my 30" brushhog deck on so, I just rest the hood forward on the mower drive. It would be great to have one of these.

If anyone knows of an aftermarket source of these prop rods, please do tell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts