My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I called Don today from Kwik Way. He mentioned that after the 1st of the year, the loaders won't be available anymore. I specifically asked about the 3000 series, so I can't confirm other models, but expect that is going to be the case as well. They aren't going out of business, but it was sounding like they are shifting their business a little. I asked why, and the reason is because the new tractors cannot handle a loader. Makes sense since Cub ended the 3000 series in 2010. It is really too bad, but I can certainly understand their business position. From what I can tell, they build a quality product and their service will be missed.

With that said, I have the last 3000 series they will ever build on the way. Sure, they are expensive, but its way cheaper than buying a new machine with a loader.

Anyway, Don has been great and I will be looking forward to years of use with the loader. Oh, he did mention you will still be able to buy parts like hydraulic lines and stuff, but not buckets/forks/etc...

Just thought some of you may be interested in knowing.

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
Hey guys, I called Don today from Kwik Way. He mentioned that after the 1st of the year, the loaders won't be available anymore. I specifically asked about the 3000 series, so I can't confirm other models, but expect that is going to be the case as well. They aren't going out of business, but it was sounding like they are shifting their business a little. I asked why, and the reason is because the new tractors cannot handle a loader. Makes sense since Cub ended the 3000 series in 2010. It is really too bad, but I can certainly understand their business position. From what I can tell, they build a quality product and their service will be missed.

With that said, I have the last 3000 series they will ever build on the way. Sure, they are expensive, but its way cheaper than buying a new machine with a loader.

Anyway, Don has been great and I will be looking forward to years of use with the loader. Oh, he did mention you will still be able to buy parts like hydraulic lines and stuff, but not buckets/forks/etc...

Just thought some of you may be interested in knowing.
Yes In recent Years They Have Been shifting to OEM Products Such as Loader's and Back Hoes that wil Carry the Brand Name and Not there Own Kwik-way Name and they Have Been Gearing themselves towards Compact and Sub Compacts. The Day of the Super Garden tractor Is about Gone. There are Only 3 Brands that still make a super Garden tractor JD, Simplicity & Ingersoll for the 2013 Model Year. The Sub Compact Market has really replaced the Super Garden tractor Niche:thThumbsU
In a Lot of way's the Performance Of My Kwik-way Loader On My white GT2055 Really does Out Perform the 45 Loader On My JD X485 In cycle Times of the Loader Up, Down, Lift and Dump:thThumbsU

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is! The last 3000 series loader Kwik Way made. The pictures aren't the best and I'll get better ones soon... once its out of the crate and off the trailer. Just have to order the heavy hitch after the holidays to really make use of it. :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Retired Deere Employee
509 Posts
Nice looking loader.

Another parade rained on for me!

I need bucket(s) for a model 27 Johnson loader I bought yrs ago. I am now retired and want to put loader into service. Buckets for current Deere loaders run $700 plus. I just missed on a CL bucket in northern WI that could have been modified to fit. Can anyone suggest another manufacturer or provide me with Johnson B269/270 & B271 side plate plate profile dimensions? I can take these to a local manufacturer and see if he can make me a couple of buckets.

·
Retired Deere Employee
509 Posts
Nice looking bucket.

I have submitted thread with photos of my loader. I'm watching CL & Ebay for buckets local for me. I don't have an issue with mods if necessary.

·
Super Moderator
8,179 Posts
That sucks that they are done. Bad.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,302 Posts
Any updates on this loader blown?

·
Retired Deere Employee
509 Posts
Hello N2.

Used buckets for garden/compact tractor loaders are more difficult to find than bucket of gold at the end of a rainbow. :dunno:

I did find an almost new 18" Kubota bucket in New Jersey. Price of bucket was not bad but bucket and shipping were pricey. Ended up paying $575 to get the bucket. The mounts need to be moved outward about 3" on each side and pin bores reduced. Would like to use pins that came with bucket but loader arms and bucket cylinders will not take the larger pins. :sorry1:

I've finished up getting 316 running and working on 314 (H1 to H2 and single to independent brake pedal conversions) then will be working on loader project. I bought a 332 to mount the loader on but not sure if it will stay on tractor. May sell or trade complete loader/tractor for a 455 with loader. Still want foot controlled hydro. :Tractor2:

:wwp: Photo of bucket attached ... 332 not delivered yet; will post photos at start of and during project.

Attachments

·
3,302 Posts
Hi GG, I'd love to see your Deere loader when finished.

·
Retired Deere Employee
509 Posts
Hello N2. I have a thread that will cover this project ... Model 25 Johnson Loader in Deere forum. Some photos of the loader available in that thread.

I have need for loader machine as soon as ground thaws and dries here in SW Wisconsin. Hoping to be working on it within the next couple of weeks. Gabby

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a few pictures of the kwik way on my 3225. You can see it easily moved the 004 tiller. It has also moved a countless yards of dirt, sand, and crushed concrete. The bucket just fits inside the bed of my truck, which made moving the 75 12"x12" concrete pavers really fast. The build quality is great and the design and hydraulics work very well. Getting used to the 2 control levers didn't take very long. Even though I have absolutely no complaints with it, the loader will be up for sale once I buy a 1025R as it just won't be needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
What kind of price were they asking for that loader kit ? did they still have any loader kits for older Gt's on hand or have they cleaned house and only have parts now ?

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What kind of price were they asking for that loader kit ? did they still have any loader kits for older Gt's on hand or have they cleaned house and only have parts now ?
When I bought the loader, Don said they were scrapping anything that wasn't being sold by the end of the year. Since this thread is over a year old, I'm sure that everything was tossed so it could be written off.

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
When I bought the loader, Don said they were scrapping anything that wasn't being sold by the end of the year. Since this thread is over a year old, I'm sure that everything was tossed so it could be written off.
Aksarben96
Best thing to do is Call Don Molested at 1.800.843.3720
Kwik-way actually does Keep a lot of Parts on Hand But as Far as Complete Loader They Probably did take any complete loader down to parts. I doubt they scrapped them for scrape though. Sub Frame's, Buckets, Pumps and Hardware usually go Back into there Parts stores Because Many components are used On other Loaders:thThumbsU

·
Senior MTF Member
1,815 Posts
Thank you for this thread.I was not looking for a loader at this point but i do feel bad that it will never happen.
It is sad imo that the 3000's are no more:crybaby:

----------------
Cub Cadet GT3235
Cub Cadet 2165
Cub Cadet 1882 super
Cub Cadet 1872 super
Cub Cadet 123
All Shaft Drive & I Like It

:smilie_fl:smilie_fl:smilie_fl

·
3,302 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the kwik way on my 3225. You can see it easily moved the 004 tiller. It has also moved a countless yards of dirt, sand, and crushed concrete. The bucket just fits inside the bed of my truck, which made moving the 75 12"x12" concrete pavers really fast. The build quality is great and the design and hydraulics work very well. Getting used to the 2 control levers didn't take very long. Even though I have absolutely no complaints with it, the loader will be up for sale once I buy a 1025R as it just won't be needed.
I'm sure you enjoyed having it. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
Even though I have absolutely no complaints with it, the loader will be up for sale once I buy a 1025R as it just won't be needed.
Even If somewhere down the road I decide to Buy a Deere Sub Compact I will Keep my Deere with 45 Loader & My White GT2055 with Kwik-way Loader w/40inch Bucket:thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 31 Posts