My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was about 10 years ago Kubota had a smaller front engine lawn tractor with a rear suspension system. I think they have been around long enough to have a history whether good or bad. Anyone had or worked on one?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I have a T1560 that my father bought new in 1996. He mowed about 2 acres with it 1-2 times per week until he passed away in Dec. 2004. I inherited it and it still operates very well. I had the deck welded on to fix some holes that NWFla sand had made. I think the welder got the deck too hot in places and it doesn't cut exactly level. I haven't had time to address the problem but I think I can correct it. The mower is the absolute best operating mower that I have ever been on. It has developed a problem about not starting when it is hot and is switched off. I think the problem is in the coil and I am going to work on that when the weather is cooler. Other than routine maintaince and blades nothing has been required before I had the hole fixed. It is very comfortable to operate and steers like power steering. I believe it has a 15 hp Kawasaki engine and 40" deck and shocks in the rear. Very good mower.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm no Kubota expert but I did look at two before buying my Troy-bilt. The shocks / suspension are for the seat. They don't affect the frame or rear axle like normally thought of when referring to suspension.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
+1 to what Canawler said. That's exactly what I've seen on 'bota models equipped with that.

Joel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts