My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to this but will try to explain what im doing a recently aquired a kubota zd21 mower with a 3 cylinder diesal d752 and the engine has been overheated i pulled the head and it is cracked i called kubota and they want about 3500 for this engine which is more than i want to spend on it.so i have found a used d850 that runs and i bought it for 350 it looks like it will fit if not i can cut and weld to make it fit but the only problem i have is the crank pulley on the 850 is different than the one on the 752 the 752 is splined and the 850 is smooth and keyed the 752 also has the 3 bolt holes on it to install the shaft that goes to the trans so im thinking i can have the splined shaft machined to a smooth finish and have it keyed but they want around 250 to do this does this sound like the way to go or is there a pulley kit available that will fit the 850 and bolt up to the driveshaft?

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Re: brian

Brian, I can't answer your questions, but once your account is validated (about one hour) you can start a new thread in the Kubota forum with your questions. Good luck and welcome to the forum. :Welcome1:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I can't speak for certain about the 850, but I know there were different cank pullies offered for other D series engines. I recently bought a d662 for a repower and was suprised to find a smooth crank pulley on it. Had to buy one off ebay. Some of the pullies I've seen for the d*50 series engines are splined so I'm not sure when and why they would be different.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
In the later ZD21 they put the D722 that was 21hp. Out in the barn I have a D782 from a ZD21 I bought thinking it would fit my small tractor. It doesn't have the place to mount the hydraulic pump. I have found Kubota is like older Fords, they make a lot of engines that don't interchange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts