My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy one of the small Kubota tractors. Not sure which model yet. I basically want it to use around my small 5 acre place. Want something to disc, till, etc. my garden with a loader. I've heard Kubotas are extremely reliable, but I have to say that many others can rightfully claim that as well. What is it about the Kubota that you prefer over other comparable tractors like the Cub Cadet SC2400, JD 2305 etc?

·
Registered
639 Posts
In my case, Kubota has a good dealer with three locations who keeps a good supply of parts. I've been dealing with him for over 30 years.

·
USAF Retired
158 Posts
I very much like the ergonomics of the Kubota over the rest. The dealer played a HUGE part in it as well. My John Deere dealer is 8 miles from me and is useless. The Kubota dealership is 88 miles away but is awesome. Good Luck and enjoy the hunt!
:fing32:
Troy

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
If you have a good Kubota dealership near you, I would check out the BX or
B series. It is a buyers market with the 0 interest, so take advantage of all the implements to add to your 0 interest rate. :goodl:

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
tiger9297, although I've owned a trouble-free Kubota BX23 since 04 and I've recommended them to any and all that ask, I HIGHLY recommend to get out and try all the various models thats offered in the class you're interested in.
Tractor trading is actually an enjoyable experience as it not only gives you a chance to visit dealerships and try out machines you normally wouldn't take time to do, but also takes alot of the guesswork out of making your decision.
A machine that fits me might not fit you the same and time in the seat is the best way to tell.

CUT"s and SCUT's these days are so close in capabilities and craftsmanship that saying that one brand is heads and tails better than the rest just isn't accurate anymore. Tractor manufacturers have dicovered that the small tractor market is VERY lucerative (sp) and competitive and that they won't be able to compete if they offer junk.....

All that said, it seems you're looking at primarily doing ground engagement type work and with this being the case I'd recommend to look at the small CUT class.
Kubota (new) B2320, B2620 and (used) Kubota B7510, B7610
JD (new) 2320, 2520
MF and NH (models escape me now)

The Kubota BX's, JD 2305/2210, MF GC2300/GC2400 CUB & NH and other SCUT's will do what you want but they are at their best when finish mowing is primary and ground engagement is secondary.

enjoy the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to this forum, but have been a member of the Tractorbynet forum for quite some time.

I agree with everything Volfandt says except his team allegiance :sorry1: (Ole Miss fan here). The B7510 would be a very good tractor for your needs and they can still be found new in some places at a good price, but there are also other good alternatives out there as Volfandt indicated. You just need to find what you like and a good dealer to support you. I like my Kubota dealer so I have a couple Kubota tractors. However, I have seriously considered JD and other brands in the past, but I just kept coming back to Kubota. I do think that Kubota still owns the small tractor market, but other brands are making headway in the market.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard FarmNut, Semper Fi and Hottie Toddie to you :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fortunately the city I live in (Tupelo, MS) is large enough that we have pretty much every dealer here locally- JD, Kubota, New Holland, Massey, Mahindra, Cub Cadet, etc. I have a Grasshopper zero turn for mowing so my tractor will never mow. I want a loader and ground work. I appreciate all the advise and I agree that it seems all the manufacturers listed above offer really nice SCUTs. My dad has always been a JD guy, so obviously my first inclination is to go there. However, I have no desire to pay extra for green paint, and I have heard great things about Kubota.

FarmNut-------WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Auburn grad '97.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Also got our Kubota from a local dealer we've been trading with for years. Had our Kubota for over 15 years ...best investment we ever made.
<-----that's it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I lucked out and found a good used B7100 in Booneville last year. At first I really was not sure it would be enough tractor, but it has surprised me. They really are stout machines.

Ted

.....................ROLL TIDE!........................

·
Registered
309 Posts
For me it was the package of tractor with implements that where made to fit the tractor. One brand used a modified loader from another model to fit there subcut another had no snowblower to front mount. The massey dealers where not interested enough to waste time just selling a subcut when they could be selling a combine. I may have liked pieces and parts of other brands better but not the package.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just picked up a Kubota B2320 with FEL and BH, and I think that it is a great little workhouse. That being said, it is my first tractor, so take it with a grain of salt. But the zero percent interest rate was too good to pass up, that is why I bought the BH at the time. Figured I would never get it cheaper.

WB

·
Registered
2 Posts
I certainly brought out the SEC loyalties with my comment to Volfandt. Semper Fi to you too Volfandt and thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check out the new 3200 Series Kubota, it will handle all your needs on 5 Acres. Now is the time to buy through KCC with 0% up to 42 months. You can't find a deal like this anywhere else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I owned a B-5200 from 1985 thru 2007 and it worked well for all those years without any problems except a hydraulic pump problem which I fixed myself in about 2000. I now have aa 2007 BX-24 with loader and back hoe and a 2008 BX 1850 which I use for mowing and they are great machines, no problems. I buy local, but the local guys make good deals as there are many of them in Maryland. I would not hesitate buying over the internet, the chances of serious problems on a new Kubota are slim.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,180 Posts
Never bought a new Kubota, but have an old B6000.
For mowing and plowing it has served me well. the 4WD goes thru 12" mud with no problem.
Good luck with your decision, no matter the manufacturer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts