My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kubota bx2200 tractor. when it turn the ignition switch, it starts. when I let go of the key it stops running and turns backwards to the on position. I could rally use some help!!! is it my ignition or could it be the selonoid??? any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,412 Posts
It sounds like something wrong with the key switch or the wiring or maybe some other part of the circuit, but not the solenoid. If it starts with the key in the start position the solenoid itself has to be working or else it would never start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Key switch

Hi, I have a Kubota bx2200and when I turn key switch it starts but won't stay running. When I let go of key it moves to on position and tractor stops running. Could this mean I need a new switch? Is there anyway to bypass the switch? Any help greatly appreciated. Grass growing higher ad we send messages

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Key switch

Just to get your grass cut, and assuming you have an ignition module instead of points and a coil, disconnect the kill wire. Keep in mind though that will disable your safety system.

·
Premium Member
7,412 Posts
Re: Key switch

Just to get your grass cut, and assuming you have an ignition module instead of points and a coil, disconnect the kill wire. Keep in mind though that will disable your safety system.
It's a diesel, so no ignition circuit at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts