My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Kubota T1400H that was left as part of the equipment when I bought my farm. The previous owner was pretty good about the maintenance of it but here's my question:

The transmission struggles going up a hill (less then a 20% grade) It will finally "creep" up it but I have to keep playing with the gas pedal. I guess it's trying to find the correct gear to get it up the grade. It seems to work fine on level ground it's just on grades. Is this normal or do I need to take it in to get adjusted.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Vr
Mark T.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Hard to tell whats occuring there Mark, could be a belt wearing out or tranny issues, such as fluid needed, filter change, etc. I'm not familiar enough with the Kubota's to know for sure, just going by what most problems encountered with your description are in various machines no matter what the brand. Hopefully someone in the know on your model will come along and offer some advice, best wishes in this :).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you checked the belt tensioner??

There is a tensioner on a pulley that gets rusty and sticks. Look above the mowing deck, there are 2 belts, the one above the deck belt is the drive belt. On the right side (when on the machine) there is a tensioner (black pulley) with an arm. Where the arm attaches to the mower there is a pivot point. You must remove the arm (take pictures so you know where things go after removal) sand it with 220 grit to remove all rust (both parts). Grease both parts well and give it a go. This solved the problem for me. I thought also that it was the hydro transmission. Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts