My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently have an MTD lawnflite 604 (as picutred), some point soon thinking of investing in a 2nd machine to do my grounds maintenance with.

Guess I do 15-20hrs mowing a week over the 7 summer months (usually collect, sometimes let the bag fill and mulch the rest with the chute blocked), then there's the leaf clearence in autumn/winter. Sometimes use it to tow builders bags of garden rubbish round, with the bags handles hooked onto rear part of the frame. Not had a major prob with this 604 yet (since march 09), but am aware that it's not really designed for day-in-day-out use like this.

Looking for a similar sized tractor so that it's light enough to manouver into my unit by hand, small enough to fit on my trailer and at the same time...wil give me a few years graft.

Think the T1670's up for the job?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,256 Posts

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i've done a few internet searches myself, but people only tend to write reviews when they've had a problem with what they've got. Not so many happy tractor owners go to the effort of writing in as the unhappy ones..

So thought i'd see if any of you guys had one and put it to work with good results?

I know Kubota's have an excellent name, and have used it's big bro...the G21 in a previous job, and v.impressed with it's ablilty to work hard all day long. Unfortunatley I don't have the storage facility for this size machine or vehicle big enough to tow it round to jobs.

I mean would I be equally impressed with the baby kubota? Or would it not really stand out from the other brand names being that it's the smallest one they make?

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts