My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Kubota M5950DT at my Kubota repair location. But, they cannot figure what the problem is. Hopefully, someone out there will help.

I had the ignition switch, alternator, regulator all replaced. The wires are getting hot. The tractor does not charge.

It has been in their shop for almost 3 months. The shop even asked a Kubota rep what might be the problem and they did not know.

Please help as I have property to get back in shape.

·
Administrator
16,886 Posts
Hot wires would, to me, indicate a large current draw. There are a lot of variables, does everything else work, I imagine that the alternator is putting out the required voltage as you don't mention that everything just shuts down as the battery is drained. I would be looking more towards the wiring for something that is shorting to ground. Three months and no one has any idea??? Sounds like they are just switching parts. Doesn't speak well for your dealer / mechanic. I'm no expert but that's my 2¢.
MikeC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MikeC
Thanks for the input. I have had the tractor to this Kubota dealer in the past, but it was for a new manifold. This time they aren't even keeping me informed of the status. I even had to find a tire dealer for a new rim. And that tire dealer is one that they also use. DAHHH on their part.

Hopefully they will find out what is wrong sooner than later for the weather is changing. And, I don't need any higher bills.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think if that were my tractor I’d take it to any other shop but that dealer. With an ohm meter and a few hours any reputable mechanic should be able to find the problem.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
you need to take that Mackinac a test light
tell him to test every ground from the battery -term. every nut bolt and wire
with the key on and off

john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts