My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Professional Homeowner
7,174 Posts
Honestly if it were me and there was enough slack in the wires, I'd just hard wire it and shrink wrap the connections.

You could also put spade connectors on it, then shrink wrap them for weathertight seal.

Otherwise, maybe just find some comparable gauge connectors from another wiring harness off a car or another tractor. Many times the wires can be disconnected/dismantled/disassembled out of those plugs. Then Just put the wires in the new plugs.

Any of the above options won't return it to stock, but they will make the tractor work and with some amount of care, can be made to look pretty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Steddy! I hardwired and it started right up. Now for some reason the back right tire is locked and it wont move? I checked the brake and it is not engaged. Any tips:

·
Professional Homeowner
7,174 Posts
Maybe the brake is rusted stuck on that side? Can happen if something sits long enough, especially if the parking brake was engaged. Check and see if the linkage is stuck. I’m not familiar with the brakes on that model, though.
Like PA eluded to above, could be an issue in the rear end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure but I will try that. The front end wants to rare up and the left wheel will start to move/turn. Im thinking maybe break is stuck as mentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe the brake is rusted stuck on that side? Can happen if something sits long enough, especially if the parking brake was engaged. Check and see if the linkage is stuck. I’m not familiar with the brakes on that model, though.
Like PA eluded to above, could be an issue in the rear end.
I jacked up the rear end and the left wheel is spinning in gear but not the right. It is for sure locked. Guess I should dig in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts