My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
It doesn't have brake pads, it's more like a wet clutch. They are located inside of the differential gear box, circled in yellow. The blue circle is only a gear reduction.
I would to a lot to try and break it free before opening that up.
Also, that floor jack, wood block, bottle jack contraption is completely sketchy...Put some proper cribbing under the 3 pt.

You can view exploded diagrams here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have brake pads, it's more like a wet clutch. They are located inside of the differential gear box, circled in yellow. The blue circle is only a gear reduction.
I would to a lot to try and break it free before opening that up.
Also, that floor jack, wood block, bottle jack contraption is completely sketchy...Put some proper cribbing under the 3 pt.

You can view exploded diagrams here
Any tips on trying to break it loose. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the wheels back on..... Make sure the parking brake lock is not engaged. I would stomp on the pedal a lot making sure there is movement and that there is free play. Then fire it up, hold down the pedal for the left brake and put power to it in low gear. Be increasingly aggressive but not crazy...its already broken and unusable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the wheels back on..... Make sure the parking brake lock is not engaged. I would stomp on the pedal a lot making sure there is movement and that there is free play. Then fire it up, hold down the pedal for the left brake and put power to it in low gear. Be increasingly aggressive but not crazy...its already broken and unusable
Thanks! I will report back on progress

1 - 5 of 5 Posts