My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judging by the lack of response to my previous post, this may be the wrong website to ask this kind of question on, but does anyone have an opinion on the Kubota F3060 mowers? I used to used them when I worked for my dad for our school corporation back in the early 90's. Back then they were amazing machines. We lived in a rural area and the school buildings normally sat on what used to be a large field, so there was a lot of acreage to mow. Even if we missed a week or more due to rain, I could normally run the machines at full speed an the 72" deck never missed a beat. I even ran square into a manhole cover one day at full speed. Brought the machine to an absolute stop. Almost threw me off. Cracked the manhole cover. Didn't even dent the deck, didn't bend anything on the machine. Scraped away the top few layers of paint on a small section of the deck.... You could run them through grass and weeds that was over the hood. That cut woudn't be pretty, but you weren't going to stop the machine. Anyway, for what I would LIKE to use my mower for (mowing, pulling a heavy lawn roller, mowing an occasional pasture or logging road), it seems like a used F3060 might be a better fit than a true ZTR.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading your story, I’d say my opinion of them is favorable at this time :)
If they’re still around from the early 90’s I believe that’s a good testimonial as well.
Thanks for the response. I tend to be on the long winded side. You should have seen the story before I deleted most of it ;)

The machine I ran back then was an F2400. We put around 1000 hrs a year on them. If I do a search for those, I still find them showing up in auctions as well so your point is well taken. Seems like used ones with around 3500 hrs or so tend to sell for around $3000 (although I've seen some places ask $10K or more). 30 years ago they were around $15K new where as a top end Dixie Chopper was under $10K. I'm surprised that they Kubota F mowers are not more popular now that the price of commercial ZTRs has mostly caught up to them.

· Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
11,008 Posts
tractordata doesn't show a kubota-made snowblower attachment.

It probably is possible to do, but it depends on how much time/money/effort you want to put into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.