My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... this is my first posting so hopefully i can get some help.. I have a Kubota L2350DT that has some major issues. First of all, I had problems with it starting, Rebuilt the starter to find out that it wasn't the problem. I was frustrated and so I wired the started in a way that could jump the starter terminals to start it... This worked for a year or so.. I purchased the John Deere relay to possibly fix the voltage drop problem but before i could get it on I had another problem arise. I was in the process of starting it and smoke from a melted ground wire stopped me in my tracks. I thought well maybe its a short. I replace the ground wire from the battery to the starter and tried it again. now the Ground wire off the alternator is getting extremely hot and starting to melt. So now what do it do. I oppened up all the wire from the switch and gauges to make sure nothing is shorting out and i see nothing but a loose wire Black/Red stripe comping from the switch and a black/white stripe wire coming from the Starter. Do these connect together because i can't find where they go. This may have been my intial problem with the tractor not starting. So I guess what i need to know is Where do these wires go and why is my ground wire melting off my alternator. BTW... I'm installing the voltage relay now as well, I have it apart so i should do it right, because i haven't been doing it right so far. .. Thanks for the input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts