Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Most see a tractor loader full of rock, I see a back saver :D

Don't forget your camera so you can keep us appraised :D
Dave

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Astanton - nice job. Did the same with my BX last year, 'cept my budget only allowed for the use of CT field stone (as in what was laying around my property). Nevertheless, it came out pretty good if'n I say so myself. Picked up a few that wouldn't stay in the bucket, so I had to use a chain to hold them in for transport. Probably the heaviest load I've put in my bucket so far. Them BX's do impress.

Post some pic's when she's complete.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The BX's are little pit bulls. I ran out of field stone on my property from building fire pits and retaining walls. Now I have to buy em.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New stone retaining wall is done. Ended up using about 5 ton of stone. Now need to cart away excess stone, then backfill with gravel and top soil. Forgot to mention that I was using so much mortar, that the local hardware store ran out of the 80-lbs bags. Had to finish with 2 40-lbs bags.

Attachments

·
reindeerman
61 Posts
I live in a community called Rocky Hill. Actually I live on top of the hill the community was named after. It was named that for a reason. Other than the indigenous rocks on the property I have brought in other rock and stone for various reasons. I use my BX1860 with FEL and rear blade to work the rocks and stones very frequently.

One of my current projects is a stone wall. These stones are rectangular and vary in size. The large ones are about 60”X24”X12” the smaller ones are only about 24-30”X18’X12”.

I decided that the largest stone slab would make a nice bench. It was also the heaviest. I did need to use a chain around it and the bucket when moving that one!

The tooth bar has been a real plus when picking up and moving the large stones. It makes it easier to get under the stones to get them in the bucket. The tooth bar doesn’t work well when handling gravel but for the big rocks it is great.

I’m past half way with the stone wall project and the Kubota has saved me and my back! I still have other rocks and stones for other projects.

Attachments

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
AStanton, the finished project looks great! Thanks for posting the pics.:fing32:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nice job AStanton - looks very nice. Mums - just in time for fall.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks great. slkpk

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Nice job :thThumbsU
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts