My Tractor Forum banner

Kubota BX2360 it will be.

4533 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BLIND REF
Thanks for the input on the last thread. 'Kubota 2360 or New Holland 1025.' I am going to go with the Kubota and here is why...
SIDE NOTE... I didn't put the JD 2305 in the mix cause of the 'limited CAT1 3PH', not sure what it is but don't like the word, limited.
The New Holland looks nice but not allot of information on them from anyone and noone seams to know anything about the Boomers.
As for the Kubota....The one thing I don't like about the BX2360 is that the ROPS isn't foldable (at least in any picture I saw). Does anyone know if the 3PH or MMM on the Kubota can be 'locked' so one can raise and lower without the other doing so at the same time? Thanks for the input everyone.
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
... I didn't put the JD 2305 in the mix cause of the 'limited CAT1 3PH', not sure what it is but don't like the word, limited..
Don't cross the 2305 off just because of the term "limited".

All that means is the lift HEIGHT is limited, and If I'm not totally off base here, the BX 2360 is the same. Both the 2305 and BX2360 will handle the same size and weight implements. The tractors are very close to the same size, and what limits the lift height is the size of the tires, which is what determines the ground clearance. My X748 JD is one step down from the 2305, I also have a "limited" cat 1 3-pt. lift. I use a 350 Pound rotary tiller with NO trouble, and also a 60" box blade, which probably weighs 275 pounds at least. My tire size is the same as the 2305 and the BX2360, but my tractor is probably 300 pounds lighter than either.

I'd ask the Kubota dealer specifically about the lift. I looked at that one when I was shopping, and the 2305. Price point is what made my decision to go a tad smaller. The Kubota is a great tractor, but you may want to revisit this "limited" thing to make sure about it on the BX. I think the small difference in gross and pto hp between the 2305 and BX2360 is probably not enough to argue about. It seems like Kubota sort of "straddled" the 2305 with a model on either side.
See less See more
Thank you for explaing the whole 'limited' thing, I will be sure to take a look at the 2305 now that I have an understanding of what it meant.
Hi

You have to look carefully at these small tractors to see the differences. I think the JD is a bit larger and heavier than the BX. Somewhere I read that the BX lift arms do not spread as wide as the 2305 and can make it difficult to attach some full size cat 1 implements. This may have been changed on the 2360, I'm not sure.

Brian
See less See more
FEMCO makes a foldable ROPS for the 2305 and I wouldn't be surprised if they make one for the BX. I paid ~ $300 for mine. :)
Great. Thanks for the info JDFantastic
Does anyone know if the 3PH or MMM on the Kubota can be 'locked' so one can raise and lower without the other doing so at the same time? Thanks for the input everyone.
On my 1860 the MMM and the 3 Pt can be locked in the up position independently. I believe the 2360 works the same way. :)
sxs191, As mentioned by YaYa and JDFanatic in other thread, get on the seat of both units and then check how good you feel about the dealer. Still can't go wrong with either of these units.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.