My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you're sitting on the tractor the left weld on the lift mechanism for the belly mower on my kubota BX2200 broke. I've taken the part that connects to the mower deck off and have taken the pin out of the lift arm but cannot get the lift arm off -- HELP!!!

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard ifravel.
Perhaps this parts breakdown from a BX23 can help.
If you go to www.tractorsmart.com you may be able to download a free parts manual for your BX2200.
Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Have sent a request in for more info. I can't believe the lift arm won't pull off -- I've removed the pin and there's nothing else to remove.... I banged and banged but it's not budging. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
643 Posts
OK, you pulled the pin at the connection you are trying to separate. Is there possibly a sleeve remaining in the connection??

If you can't get the connection to separate, you might consider re-welding the broken weld the lift arm with it attached to the tractor??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I don't have a welder or a way of transporting the tractor to the dealer. I don't have a puller either. I spoke w/the dealer and they told me it basically takes brute strength to get the lift arm off -- beings I weigh a buck fifteen I don't have enough junk in the trunk to get it off. I've used a long crowbar and have moved it some. I've applied naval jelly hoping that will loosen it from the bushing underneath. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
643 Posts
If you've moved it, and you are not breaking anything, you should get er done eventually.

When I start beating on something, there's usually a good chance for damage! Please take care...

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Are you trying to remove item 100 from the frame bracket?
If so, you should only have to remove item 110 (pin) and slide it out.
You may have to get a cheater bar to slide over the crowbar to get some more leverage.
I've taken off the other side lift arm on mine and once I remove the pin the lift arm easily came out.
Once you get the lift arm "broke loose" you'll need to disconnect it from items 010/020.
You may also try to soak the lift arm to frame connection point in some PB Blaster, thats some pretty good stuff.
I would guess that whatever broke the lift arm must have also bent the frame bracket to where it's too tight. You may have to spread or "beat" it out alittle inorder to get you're new lift arm in it.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts