My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently had a Kubota BX22 come into my shop with no power to the hydraulic accessories. The backhoe and loader do not work as intended. The loader will only move in float, which for some reason makes it lift. The owner changed the metal lines from the pump to the loader, and we aren't sure if they're hooked up right. Our main concern is why we aren't getting any pressure to the backhoe. The loader has a blown rubber line, but it at least moves. The tractor supposedly sat for 6 or 7 months. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
426 Posts
Hummm - One thing I can suggest trying is disconnecting the backhoe supply and return lines and reconnect them. With an open flow hydraulic system like the BX has if nothing works on the backhoe then there's no flow going to the bh hydraulics. If by chance one of the quick disconnect fittings on the supply or return line is not opening correctly when connected, then that would prevent the backhoe from operating.

The above said, since the loader (FEL) is also not working properly, and the lines from the pump were replaced, it sounds like the potential exists that something is amiss with the main metal lines. The BX's open hydraulic circuit means the flow to the FEL and BH is a supply and return lines, which enables both the BH and FEL to operate independently. However, if something is preventing flow from the main supply line at the pump, then that would affect both the FEL and the BH.

If the owner replaced the main metal lines, is there a chance the power removed the hydraulic pump also and it was perhaps not reinstalled correctly? Just guessing here and trying to help with the troubleshooting. Since both the FEL and BH do not work properly, the error seems to be at the pump. If either the FEL or BH worked ok, then the source of the problem would likely be somewhere else.

Suggest calling Messick's and explaining the situation to them. They have some excellent service technicians who may have other ideas to help track down the problem.

·
22,160 Posts
It sounds like the lines are incorrectly connected. Try this:

Pump > Loader > Back hoe valve > Reservoir.
............. Valve > Reservoir.

Where ">" indicates a line. There are two lines connected to the return side of the loader valve set. One is for power beyond to the back hoe, and the other goes directly to the reservoir with the port on the valve set marked with an "R" or "RET".

Also, ensure that the 3PH valve is centered. On my MF GC 2310, an incorrectly centered 3PH valve causes all kinds of weird things to happen (or not happen) with the back hoe.valve functions, but the loader functions correctly.

The problem may be a simple as the two lines on the return side of the loader valve set being switched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts