My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First great forum, just getting a new bx-25 next week and have a question. Does anyone know the trailer requirments. It has a backhoe and FEL, I got the weight at 2600 lbs, so I know my dual axel trailer will hold it. But it is only 12' long, does anyone know the lenghth required?

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard lubitcr. You should have no problem hauling that brand new BX25 on a tandem axle 12' trailer.
What you'll have to do is pull up into it enough to lay the bucket down on the tongue of the trailer, being careful not to have it contact your tailgate in turns and then rotate the backhoe to one side or the other then let it down so the bucket rests on the deck. It should just fit. Make sure you chain it down good and tight and leave it in gear.
I know it'll fit as I've hauled my BX23 a couple times on my single axle 6x12 trailer and thats how I fit it.
A 16' would be the ideal length but a 12' will work fine.
Let us know when you get it and if you have any questions let us know
Dave

P.S. As a disclaimer, I know that the BX23 was at the very limit of a single axle trailer and I DO NOT recommend nor endorse hauling a BX TLB on a 3500lb single axle trailer. I recommend a minimum of a 12' dual axle trailor preferably w/brakes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Below is a picture of a trailer I made.
It is just under 12 feet long with a 6000 lb. drop axle and 16 inch load range e tires. I have a bx2200 that I installed a bh on and I do not have any trouble hauling it where ever I want.

The trailer tilts so I just back it on and over hang the hoe over the center of the tongue and the bucket ends up just resting on the end. 12 feet is a little close on the length the way I have the axle. If the axle was a little more to the ft. of the trailer I could get the tractor to fit a little better. I just remove the ft. and rear panels from the trailer and away I go.

One thing I did notice is the first time I loaded it by pulling forward and the hoe to the rear was when I went to back off the trailer the ft. end was VERY light. If I hit the breaks very much harder I think it may have flipped over backwards. The setup I have should be very close to the bx25.

I need to take a picture of it loaded on the tralier next time I have the hoe on and share the pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts