My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have chains and use my left / right brakes to turn my machine while blowing, I really can't imagine using Kubota's setup.

What were the orange engineers thinking when they put the controls for the Hydro drive and the brake pedals within inches of each other on the same side? That would ruin my way of controlling the machine while snowblowing.

In dirt, I don't really need the brakes, as the HST will take care of decelerating under most flat land conditions. Steering is also not as much of an issue unless I have some force down on the FEL for levelling and try to steer with a light front end.

Has anyone heard the logic behind this? Would it have been a huge engineering task to get the brakes on the other side?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmmm...I don't even know if the brakes worked on my GR or the 2230 either for that matter...never had to use em'. I kinda like the brake pedal there...everything to do with going and "wo'ing" is on the right and the diff lock is on the left. I like it. I would say that "engineering" had nothing to do with it...

Slam

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have no idea why they did it that way. But I sure wish some times the petals were on the left side. :fing20:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts