My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on this forum have a Kubota 4700 tractor?? 5 cylinder diesel.

If so, a question for you - are there two fuel filters on your tractor?? A local Kubota service manager told me that there are likely 2 fuel filters on a 4700, one in-line type, and one spin-on type. The tractor is faaaar away from me, so I cannot check it myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

·
dirtgeezer
1,441 Posts
The dealer ought to know!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason for my question is that I found a genuine Kubota filter maintenance kit for a Kubota 4700 on ebay, and it included one oil filter, one air filter, ONE FUEL FILTER, and two transmission filters.

Only one fuel filter.

So, I'm asking the question of someone that owns a 4700 tractor.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
My 2000 M4900 has a spin-on fuel filter mounted under hand operated fuel pump and a filter screen located in the water separator bowl. You could go to Messicks.com and they will email you a parts schematic of the fuel system on a M4700. HTH's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you ever find out if you have 2 fuel filters? To the best of my knowledge, the setup should be similar to the M4900, 1 spin on, and 1 removeable water seperator/particulate screen

Jay

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
My M4900 as i spin on fuel filter and a screen in the water separator bowl. IMHO the spin on fuel filter is hard to R&R with the loader mast in the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts