My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this form for a couple years now and have got allot of useful information from it, thanks. My question.. I have narrowed my choices down to two CUT and would like to know what people think.. Here are my two options...

1. Kubota BX2360 with turf tires, LA243 front loader with grill guard, and a 54" fine cut mid-mount mower. Price = $13,950.
OR
2. New Holland Boomer 1025 with turf tires, 210TL Front End Loader with 48” Bucket, 54" mower and rear tires filled with fluid. Price = $15,600.

I could go either way at this point so your opinion counts. Thanks for reading.
Sorry the attachment is so small, I couldn't figure out how to make it bigger.

Scott

Attachments

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
sxs191, Both tractors are very capable. I would get some seat time on both units and see which one fits you the best. Can't go wrong with either one.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Scott

Those specs are so close that it looks like the issues of ergonomics (butt in seat), dealer service, parts availability and attachments will determine the outcome. Driving and sitting on a machine opens up a whole new world of understanding and makes a decision much easier. I like Kubota’s but when I sat on a comparable machine to my John Deere 2305 I didn’t like the ergonomics (i.e. treadle pedal arrangement) and a few other minor things. Of course there is no perfect tractor so if it feels good… go for it. They both should be good units. Good luck. :fing32:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't know how the dealers are in your area, but New Holland has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I liked and was interested in a 1030 Boomer. Contacted five dealers in Ontario Canada and two in the upper U.P. Michigan. None had any knowledge of the 1025/1030's, none would return calls or emails. I even contacted New Holland directly, explained I wanted to purchase a tractor, and they couldn't even tell me if the mm mower and backhoe were compatible. They gave me a list of dealers to call, many of which did not even sell New Holland agricultural products. Well, enough of my rant.

At least Kubota and all the dealers around here seem to know their products and stand behind them.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
sxs,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: I don't know of anyone who has a 1025, so I can't say anything either way. The Kubota is a highly rated CUT with a strong following. I would recommend a 60" (or the widest Kubota offers for this tractor) as it will give you better overlap over the wheelbase, make edging easier, reduce the uncut circle, and effectively push the ROPS further away from trees etc.

I like the idea of finding a dealer you like (one who you could see going to bat for a warranty or non-warranty issue, and has a service department that looks and sounds like it knows what it is doing) first; after that, let the ergonomics decide. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just great advise with the 60" MMM. I will do that, thanks. OK, I think the New Holland is out. Does anyone have any info on how the Kubota rates compared to the JD 2320?

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
sxs,

I think the Kubota compares better to the JD 2305 (both sub-CUTs). The 2320 is a a CUT, just a little bigger, with a full CAT-1 3PH w/position control, an hydro oil cooler vs. fan, and larger tires. What tasks are you planning on using this for? :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the 2305 but the limited Cat 1 3PH makes me nervous. Mowing basically and I like the extra lifting power of the 2320. I learned a long time ago to figure out what you need and then always go one bigger from that.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
sxs,

The Kubota has a limited CAT-1 too. What the limitation is, is that the tires are a little smaller and that limits the lift height -- and not the weight capacity. I carry a ballast box full of concrete that weighs ~ 680 lbs. The 210 loader on my 2210 is documented to lift over 1,100 lbs. The 2305 would be similar. Deere is notorious for incorrect specifications. The 200CX loader on the 2305 is also used on the 2320 and 2520/2720 tractors. It makes you wonder about rated lifting capacities. All of these tractors are really limited not by their power but by their size. Whichever one you decide on, you will be amazed what they can do. :)

Good luck with your tractor quest! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the Kubota better than the New Holland. I was very close to getting a Kubota until I really looked into the 2305. The Kubota was very close in price and capability but the larger dealer base, ergos, and the way the controls are laid (more practical for my tastes) out on the deere sealed the deal for me.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I have a friend who has the model that the 1025 became, I think it's called an AX25D or some such. Same specs, same control layout. I've used it several times to mow his huge (3+ acre field and lawn) and it is a very nice machine. I can't compare it directly to the 2305 or Kubota, because I haven't had seat time in either, but I can compare it to my X748. They seem to have pretty much the same power, the NH is obviously heavier, and doesn't turn as tight as the 748. I don't have nearly as many controls to fool with on the 748 as the 1025 does, but I'm not quite as comfortable on the 1025, the seating doesn't quite fit me like the 748 does.

Seems like you have to crank on the little Shibaura diesel a while to get it to start, my Yanmar jumps to life in about one turn of the starter. It runs great once started, though. The 1025 has about 400 hrs on it; he has the 60" commercial deck, which is a cutting monster, does very well in deep grass. The field only gets mowed every couple of weeks, and even mowing it at 4", there is a lot of grass cut off, but the deck handles it without choking.

I don't have any other experience with it. All the mounts and fittings look like they were used from a bigger model, though. It looks much more like a scaled-down larger tractor than a scaled-up GT, pretty beefy. Can't speak to the long-term durability/service, though. As died-in-the-wool green and yellow as I am, I wouldn't pick it over the 2305 unless there was a BIG difference in price or a great deal from the dealer. Our local NH dealer disappeared about 4 months ago, closed up shop. I'd like to know where he went, as I bought my Land Pride tiller from him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
SXS,

I looked at the New Holland and was surprised by the engine manufacturer. I had not heard of Shibaura engines. It may be a fine engine, but it seemed like one more variable in the choice of tractors to me. After that I sort of lost interest in the New Holland.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Seems like around me, the NH dealers mostly carry full compact and utility tractors. The two dealers I visited didn't even have a SCUT to look at, and that included the dealer I bought my Kubota BX from who is also a NH dealer. I got the impression that NH didn't sell too many SCUTs whereas Kubota offers more SCUT models than an other mfg.

On the JD2320, the more comparable Kubota models would probably be the B2320, B2620 or B2630, the later having position control.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a BX2360 but before buying my dealer also sells Deere. If green would have been What I went with it would have been the 2320. It is just alot more tractor for not alot more money. The 200cx loader fits much nicer on the 2320 than the 2305. In the end you will be happy with what ever you get. there all nice machines.

·
Registered
98 Posts
a Mahindra 2516 has position control and its actualy an awsome tractor. it is a full size compact tractor like a 2320. i was quoted 14,000 financed and 13,200 cash and thats with a loader. 25hp(21.5pto) its a shuttle 8x8 trans but to me it is better than a hydro.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 1025 has about 400 hrs on it; he has the 60" commercial deck, which is a cutting monster, does very well in deep grass. The field only gets mowed every couple of weeks, and even mowing it at 4", there is a lot of grass cut off, but the deck handles it without choking.
I know you are biased to the green, but I am very curious about the NH 1025 and how easy it is to mow with compared to your 748. With regard to ergo's, I'm 6'5" and I almost believe that I'll fit better on an X7xx series better than a SCUT. I'll see if I can add a link to the message I posted ealier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts