My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm...12 views and no replies? What does everyone think? Would it work better than a sleeve hitch?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It is a cool little self-contained unit. Fabricating the bracketry to mount it and providing the electric current to operate it are the only real challenges.

I wouldn't slip it into a box receiver that was bolted to a GT hitch plate and expect it to stay there, though. It takes a 3-pt mount and makes it a 1-pt mount where it attaches to the tractor. All up/down/left/right forces are now on that one small mount, rather than distributed over the rear axle and back of differential.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking, mount it in the same way my sleeve hitch is mounted. Seems like it would open up more options as far as control, versatility, and variety of implements versus a sleeve hitch.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Me likey.Please let us know if you decide to get this and how it works.I am thinking of a plate that wraps around the entire rear of the frame and bolts from face as well as sides.Or maybe stock holes with pins on my jd 140.Cheaper than the 900.00 i was quoted for one!
Thanks Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts