My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Woods ZTR mower with an M12 in it. It is an older model. I was mowing the other day and it was 95 degrees with high humidity. I would be going fine for about 45-60 minutes and then it would start to sputter and idle way down. When I turned the pto off it would idle back up and run fine, for a while. If I let if idle for a minute or so I could go back to mowing for about 15 min. before it would start acting up again. After letting it sit for about 15 minute with the engine off, I started it back up and mowed for about 15 minutes before it acted up again.
This just had a tune up at the dealer, and I checked the gas, and the oil and the air filter and everything else and it all seemed fine to me. The only thing that I noticed was the muffler looks to be added on sometime ago and a makeshift heat sheild has been welded directly onto the muffler.
I called the dealer and they said it was too hot to be mowing and I should take more breaks. While this sounded like a good idea, it won't get my mowing done any faster.
I was wondering if I replaced the muffler would that cool things down a little, or is this even an overheating problem?
I would appreciate any help or suggestions
Thanks
E

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everett,
I never thought of that! Thanks I will try it.

Fcubman,
The cooling fins are free of debris.

Thanks for responding, I will try it and see if this helps.
E

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.