My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an older JD212... for a low price, then discovered why it had a low price. Thank you, craigslist. I need to at least re-ring the K301 engine (K301AQS), as I now have pressure blowing back through the crank case, near 0 torque, and fresh oil that is clearly contaminated. Since the rest of the beast is in excellent shape, I think I can still turn it into a good investment with a winter project. At least that's what I've been telling my wife.

I have seen others mention having a PDF of the engine manual, but can't find one- any help?

I also welcome words of sage advice- I've built a couple of VW boxers and a pretty spanky Dodge 318, so I have just the knowledge to get into real trouble.

Please help me keep this one alive.

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
There are several things to look at. Is the breather assy assembled correctly? Is the crank case over filled by gas leaking by the float. Does the engine smoke?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the breather assembly and float this evening. No smoking at all- and it still runs... actually pulled itself to the old tack barn under power. Thank you- and I mean it... thank you for sharing your knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts