My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am desperately looking for a magneto assembly for a K241 Kohler. I think any K series mag will fit. I am having real trouble figuring out if many of the coils available from parts stores will fit and would prefer to get one cheap anyway. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
We need a spec number to make sure about what you need. I just spent about 1/2 hour looking at a parts site and all of the K241's on that site used battery ignition not a magneto.
Dave

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Tell me about it, its exhausting searching for this stuff. It's odd that the machine uses mag ignition being that it has the belt driven starter generator, but oh well. What number do you need? If you're looking at actual engines, the way to tell is the lack of an outer coil. You probably already know this so I don't even have to say. The magneto is mounted behind the flywheel.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
I found a part number for that magneto. It is 47-145-02S. The list price on that site was $77.74. The site is www.ccdist.com . It is in Fort Wane, In. I get some of the small engine parts and carb kits from them.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts