My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
just a guy....
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trolling for ideas here. I have a DGS6500 with a Kohler 26. It came with a phony little snap-in air filter. Is anyone aware of an up-grade kit or mod that will convert it to a better air intake system(or exhaust either for that matter). I just aquired a round air filter unit, similar to what is on my GT1800 Wheel Horse. This takes a universal round paper filter, on my WH I also have an oiled foam wrap-around prefilter too. I also found a mini swirl type air/dust separator too.

Here fishy, fishy..........ideas?

Please!

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
IF you go to the Kohler website, they have a catalog you can download with different AC's, exhausts etc. I think they are designed more for industrial use though.

They might not fit inside your tractor.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I used their Donaldson system on several stump grinders I had, very good update, but pricey. If your machine operates is a dusty environment, it is a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The 'easy' upgrade is to buy an air filter with the foam pre-cleaner instead of the paper only filter sears sells. Beyond that I'm not sure. (And would be actually worried mounting anything. Slight, near imperceptible movement between the engine and air intake on an engine vibrating like these was the failure point of many Briggs in the past few years.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts