·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Any progress kyle?

·
Super Moderator
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I wonder if they were used like for a MASH unit for a tent or field hospital. Seems like an old military product.
Actually there are Army models out there with Military ID tags. I think the Navy had them as well. SmokStak has a lot of good threads on these light plants. :D

Any progress kyle?
Unfortunately no progress.... It has been a busy Fall and either more pressing projects keep getting in the way or I don't have the 4-5 hours at a time to really make significant progress for the next couple of steps. I certainly will not work on it until early January at this point. Hopefully, I will get to it again in January and make some progress. :fing32:

·
15,000 +posts!
19,608 Posts
I have one of those old Ford starters,and have used it to start engines--years ago I had one set up with a pair of handlebars and a Ford starter relay mounted on the starter,so by pushing a button I could activate the starter--I ground down the shaft square,to allow a 1/2" drive socket to fit on it,and used whatever socket fit the flywheel nut...it was a bit dangerous,sometimes the socket stayed on the nut after it would start up,and you pulled the starter away,and it become a missle!..

I had another starter like that one mounted on an old hand truck,so I could use it to start engines with a belt,by leaning back on the hand truck,and tightening the v-belt..like your setup,the belt could prove to be a hazard,but I never got injured using it...
I lent the thing to an elderly friend who could no longer pull ropes,and owned a lot of old engines that were rope start--unfortunately, he passed away,and I never got it back..I think his kids scrapped it,along with most of his extensive collection of "old things"..:(

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,217 Posts
Mr. Beef.. it's gettin warmer.. have u been makin plans for this project lately..

·
Super Moderator
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Mr. Beef.. it's gettin warmer.. have u been makin plans for this project lately..
Hopefully! Considering I walk by it every time I let the dog outside I am ready to get back to it. Weekends are already pretty full through early March so we will see.

I have a couple projects I would like to finish this Spring namely this and the pressure washer...

·
15,217 Posts
Hopefully! Considering I walk by it every time I let the dog outside I am ready to get back to it. Weekends are already pretty full through early March so we will see.

I have a couple projects I would like to finish this Spring namely this and the pressure washer...
OOOHHH ya.. can't forget the washer project too.. I've been workin hard on my Perky project.. have had him out for 4 test drives already.. each drive has alerted me to make minor improvements.. with this warm weather.. it has Perky locked inside the shop.. MUD everywhere outside..

·
15,217 Posts

have u forgotten this project or did it find a new home or The true test of skill is when you can put something back together and it works... not the dusty half disassembled pile of junk in the corner....

LOL

·
Super Moderator
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
have u forgotten this project or did it find a new home or The true test of skill is when you can put something back together and it works... not the dusty half disassembled pile of junk in the corner....

LOL
Still half assembled and half disassembled pile pile of junk. I haven't even taken the engine out of the plastic wrap from moving into the current place in June of 2016!!!! BUT the important thing is I have not forgotten it and I will one day have time to finish it. I started to work on it this Sping but then we kept getting snow.... And more snow.... And more snow.... Coupled with a disaster of a shop from all the winter disasters I ended up having no time to work on it. Maybe this Fall....

·
15,217 Posts
Still half assembled and half disassembled pile pile of junk. I haven't even taken the engine out of the plastic wrap from moving into the current place in June of 2016!!!! BUT the important thing is I have not forgotten it and I will one day have time to finish it. I started to work on it this Sping but then we kept getting snow.... And more snow.... And more snow.... Coupled with a disaster of a shop from all the winter disasters I ended up having no time to work on it. Maybe this Fall....
ur just workin too hard.. ya need to take a break.. I see a lotta machines in ur sig area.. I know u have them yet.. I just had to kid u a lil bit.. do I see any plans to see another building on ur property..

·
Administrator
13,638 Posts
I know what you should do! Since its got trucks on it now, throw a bunch of postage on it, then USPS it up to me! I'll certainly have time to work on it! :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Administrator
13,529 Posts
Tyson, should we tell LT Gal you need things to do? :tango_face_devil:

·
Administrator
13,638 Posts
81 - 92 of 92 Posts