My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned two DK-45 Kioti Tractors. Bothe were bought new. I don't know if it is just my bad luck, but I have had some unfortunate experiences with the factory and with the dealer.

I loved the Kioti at first, but my experiences with the company on warranty issues left a questionable taste in my mouth. Then with 1,000 hours on my DK-45S, it would not stay in gear; it popped out constantly no matter what I did.

Just wondering if this is typical of Kioti, or if I just had some atypical run-ins with them.

jk

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Welcome to MTF Jerry,

I can't recall any previous owners of Kioti tractors that had problems other than small items. Things like broken or cracked loader buckets is all I can remember. Owners seem to report very positive experiences with their machines.

Since you've owned two of the same model, did the first tractor go back? And (or) is your second DK-45 the replacement for the first??

Not sure what manufacturers offer warranty wise, but 1000 hours on any brand seems like the warranty limit would be expired (?). I'm thinking we need more information about the problems before we could offer solutions....

Look forward to future posts and updates.

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second machine was bought when my tractor was a couple of years old. There were many improvements on the DK 45 S that I liked.

The oil drain plug on the first one had stripped with very little torque being applied. Kioti would not fix it under warranty. Other small things broke that should not have.

The transmission problem on the DK 45S was under the drive train warranty. The dealer whined and moaned constantly about what a bad deal he got from Kioti under warranty repairs. Then he wouldn't give so much as clue when it would be done. Came back from a 2 week vacation & he hadn't touched it, telling me still he had mo idea when he would start. Found out later he was putting other work ahead of my job.

Then he told me he didn't have the shop space. (He had one machine in his shop!) It became obvious he didn't want to do the work. The worst thing to me was that he was consistently quite rude and unprofessional. I called Kioti and the next day he told me to bring it back in. (When I had called him before to inquire about when it would be done, he told me to come & get it & he would notify me when his shop opened up.) It was 80 miles round-trip. He was pretty ticked about me calling Kioti, & the rudeness escalated a notch after that.

After he split it in two he told me the fuel tank had cracks. You guessed it, no warranty from Kioti, despite the fact that it was obvious that it had happened a while before during the regular warranty.

I also had a previous design issue: when the ROPS came down it had a tendency to crush the back lights, unless you knew it ahead of time & put in a second pin. That is just bad design to me. Getting Kioti to address this, or even admit it was like pulling teeth. I paid the price the first time I lowered the ROPS.

Then when I went to pick it up he socked it to me for $345, basically for fluids! I reported him to Kioti. Their response was that dealers are independent agents and they set their own shop prices & schedules.

My next tractor will not be a Kioti.

jk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts