My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a used 2014 CK20S with FEL with 104 hours a couple years ago. It was in excellent cosmetic shape but since it had no maintenance history, I changed the hydraulic fluid & filter, engine oil & filter, drained and re-filled the front axle, air box, radiator fluid, fan belt tension and greased the zirts on the FEL and front end and re-checked all the bolts to ensure they were tight.

On two occasions the first year the rear 3-point arms would just stop lifting. Just as suddenly, a day or two later they would begin working again as if there was no problem. Which brings me up to this year. The 3-point lift had been working fine. Two weeks ago I had ran my 4 foot bush hog for about 10 hours. The 3-point functioned flawlessly. I connected my 48" box blade to the tractor and graded a long, steep gravel drive into to my property and then began grading an area I had bush hogged previously. I dropped the three scarifiers down one notch to catch and rip roots from the plants I had previously bush hogged. I hit a large root that stopped my tractor (but the tires kept spinning). I stopped, backed up a little and attempted to lift my box blade over the root. Nothing. The 3-point wouldn't lift at all.

I checked my hydraulic fluid level in the sight glass., It was in the center of the glass. There was no fluid leakage under or around the tractor... so I disconnected the box blade and lifted it with a chain and my FEL and set it back onto my trailer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i should start trouble shooting this problem? My tractor now has 208 hours on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
it may be unrelated to the event itself, but if you have a "rate" valve for the 3pt hitch, and it's "nearly closed" to slow down 3ph raise/drop speed - a bit of thermal expansion, or oil pressure surge or other effects can push it to full-closed or not...

my 2305 has such a valve (multi-turn knob) and on occasion it behaved that way, when I had it "nearly closed".... once i turned it 1/4 to 1/2 turn "more open" it pushed it out of the "on the edge" mode.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CK20S has an MLS valve under the seat. I didn't have it tightened up too much, but I will crank up the tractor tomorrow and back the MLS valve pressure off one turn, then drive it around a while and work the hydraulics.

As I stated, this has occurred twice last year, however this time it happened while I was operating the tractor. Maybe the box scraper being hung up on the root caused more strain on the hydraulics...? I don't know. I have limited knowledge on the assembly of these hydraulic system on these tractors.

I do recall reading an article or forum page last year where someone stated Kioti had a problem for a short period of time with O-rings improperly installed (pinched during assembly) in a pressure valve or spool that caused hydraulic issues with the 3 point operation. However, I can't locate that article.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts