My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was checking out the Honda UK lawn tractor website (they had a grass chute that exits out the rear that i've liked for awhile) and came across this on one of their dealer sites

http://www.justlawnmowers.co.uk/pages/tractorlift.htm

maybe a little too "ruth goldberg" for my taste but it gave me an idea for a simpler lift - using the idea of an acme threaded shaft like this lift, just welding an acme nut to a small front bumper on the tractor. At the top end of the acme threaded shaft a simple socket to accept a 1/2" sq drive from an air impact wrench. you could keep the shaft and a ground plate in the garage until needed, and simply drop the plate on the ground with a socket to accept the shaft once it's threaded thru the nut - it wouldn't have to lift it quite as high, but would make it easier to get to the blades or the deck's underside

·
Registered
127 Posts
While I'm sure that jack will do the job, that's an awful lot of cranking to get it up there. I would recommend an old bumper jack from when cars still had real "bumpers". Most full size vans and pickups still do, but I don't know what kind of jacks are supplied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts