My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember if I have posted this idea here or not, but here I go.
If you have a blower, blade or other heavy attachment on the front of your tractor and a manual lift for it,,,, if you are handy you could build a 2 point mounted weight carrier box on to the rear of the tractor. Have it up in the air not touching the ground. Build it with a pivot on the back of the tractor so weight carrier moves up and down just like the front attachment. Buy some heavy cables and pulleys. Mount pulleys vertically higher than the front attachment and rear weight box. Run cable from rear box, up through pullies next to the tractor frame and down to the front attachment. You could fine tune how well it works by how much weight you put in the rear box. This way it is easier to lift/lower the front attachment and you also added weight to the back for more traction.

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
That's a good idea for balancing the load to reduce effort. They use it for elevators and lift bridges.

Unfortunately, blades and blowers rely on their own weight to do their job properly. In fact bades, especially, sometimes have weight added to put more pressure on the ground and your idea is then self defeating .

·
Premium Member
22,112 Posts
Yes, I'm afraid that every time you hit a bump, the blade would raise, or at least bounce. Now, if you could somehow latch it down you might be able to work it out.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm afraid that every time you hit a bump, the blade would raise, or at least bounce. Now, if you could somehow latch it down you might be able to work it out.
Thats why you have "less" weight in the rear mounted weight box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.