My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been restoring two tractors for my kids, one was a 1976 or 1977 Roper 16T and I repainted it pink, put a 67 grille and hood on it, and a predator 6.5 predator in it.

I started a 67 Suburban 10 for my son, painted it red and white, and extended the footboards, and fixing what I need to,getting it read for Jake.

Here is a short update video, I have more updates coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
29,590 Posts
I have been restoring two tractors for my kids, one was a 1976 or 1977 Roper 16T and I repainted it pink, put a 67 grille and hood on it, and a predator 6.5 predator in it.

I started a 67 Suburban 10 for my son, painted it red and white, and extended the footboards, and fixing what I need to,getting it read for Jake.

Here is a short update video, I have more updates coming soon.

That is definitely some best dad points getters there !!! Kids will have the classiest wheels in the neighborhood!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the greatest pics here, took them in the dark last night, but have Jakes tractor mostly together. Waiting on the motor, drive belt, Seat, and a few odds and ends. But, I have the grille inserts painted and in, hood on, dash and steering wheel on and squared away. I'm not the biggest fan of red, but I really like how the tractor is coming out.

tried making them as close as possible so they can't complain about one being better. Even splurged on a new seat for Jakes which, as you all probably know, seats are not cheap. I was able to find some resonable al about $45 a piece I think.

·
We're all friends here
14,300 Posts
You're a great dad. Hopefully, the kids will keep them running for another 50 years. ;)

Reactions: GT_80

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think all this is great. watched some of your YouTube video about the pink one before I lost cell service on my work boat (yes, im a subscriber). what kid would not want a Sears tractor from their Sears enthusiast Daddy? this is just great stuff, indeed. love it!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind words. I got a motor for my sons yesterday, and had to do some creative pulley additions so the belt clears the footboard support I put in, but ir drives really nice! The tractor I used to put his together was one I had for a while, and it has the better rear with solid hubs, and everything in the steering and such is very tight. Its a nice machine. Theyre both pretty solid. Just need to get Jakes seat in the right place, and get brakes adjusted right on both, and put some decals on and I will be good to go!

·
close enuff works for me
3,053 Posts
Tractors for the children is a great idea ,they will learn to drive ,learn to be responsible ,and have a great time. I had an old john deere rider ,with mower deck removed, that my daughters drove ,when they took drivers training at 15 years old,,they breezed right through, they had been driving tractor for 8 years.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is a 95% done and reveal video

they liked them a lot!

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Super Moderator
29,590 Posts
here is a 95% done and reveal video

they liked them a lot!
I was expecting him to knock her out of the way to get some points!! :) You get the gold dad star for that set of builds!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was expecting him to knock her out of the way to get some points!! :) You get the gold dad star for that set of builds!

View attachment 2460317
I had very clear instructions that they need to avoid each other, and put a kill switch on their dashes so if they can't stop (cause Jake can't reach the clutch) they flip the switch, and the tractor stops. They both were great at doing that

·
15,000 +posts!
20,101 Posts
I predict in a few weeks they'll be doing donuts in third gear high range,and dad will be repairing the lawn !..
:)

That bolt dilema was a bummer...if you had known that was going to happen,you could have put a nut on the bolt threads and a fiber or rubber washer under the nut to prevent the bolt from being screwed in too far..good heads up for anyone else planning to get a HF engine..

·
close enuff works for me
3,053 Posts
I installed a 4x4 wood block on the clutch pedal with large hose clamps,,my daughters could reach the clutch very well then. As they grew up the blocks were removed.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I predict in a few weeks they'll be doing donuts in third gear high range,and dad will be repairing the lawn !..
:)

That bolt dilema was a bummer...if you had known that was going to happen,you could have put a nut on the bolt threads and a fiber or rubber washer under the nut to prevent the bolt from being screwed in too far..good heads up for anyone else planning to get a HF engine..
Yeah, the other ones had a definite point where they bottomed out, this one had a slight amount of resistance, then "crack!" so I think it was a factory flaw... I mean they probably make 20,000 of these at a whack, a couple are gonna have issues. It actually runs perfectly fine, and this is a Non-hemi one, and runs smoother than my daughters Hemi (CARB COMPLIANT) one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts