My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Cogan Iron two wheeler kick stand on my Pro-10. It's a reproduction of the one Gravely made years ago ( www.oldgravelys.net/pdf/Walker_Kick_Stand_Op_Man_0178.pdf ) with some improvements.

Installation was simple and it can be dropped with your foot. To raise it, you just drive forward. It's a lot easier that the drop leg or mini-trencher as I call it. Here's some pictures;

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I can't give the exact dimensions off the top of my head, but it looks like it may be a XXXX close fit! Same goes for the Robin too. I'll try to get some measurements tomorrow at some point.

I've had enough of Gravely's for the weekend.....:Stop:

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
What was the approx. cost on those again Ron? Looks like a vast improvement over the stock item. Would be great if they offered them in a choice of red or black color.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the approx. cost on those again Ron? Looks like a vast improvement over the stock item. Would be great if they offered them in a choice of red or black color.
I don't remember if it was $50 or $60. I bough mine at the Mow-In and they were so hot off the press, they hadn't been painted yet. I painted mine with Eastwood's Extreme Chassis satin black.

I had asked about what paint the CIW was going to use for production. They said most stuff would be black and that was because there were so many different reds used (and many more opinions) they could not match each one. They also said they have received some complaints about the red stuff that they have sold not matching the purchaser's tractor.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
I don't remember if it was $50 or $60. I bough mine at the Mow-In and they were so hot off the press, they hadn't been painted yet. I painted mine with Eastwood's Extreme Chassis satin black.

I had asked about what paint the CIW was going to use for production. They said most stuff would be black and that was because there were so many different reds used (and many more opinions) they could not match each one. They also said they have received some complaints about the red stuff that they have sold not matching the purchaser's tractor.

Good point on the red paint - black paint color is pretty much universal. My thought is that there'd be more contrast when mounted on the Kohlers than say the L's. I suppose though that one could ask Cogan to just send an unpainted one and then apply whatever color was wanted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts