My Tractor Forum banner

Kevlm and Ernest just wondering

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DustyMower 
#1 ·
Just wondering if you guy's took back your tractors for new models and what you ended up getting because of all your problems like i had.:thanku:

#3 ·
Well, I had 35 hours on mine and since I bought it mid April. In all fairness the dealer fixed all my problems as they happened and was prompt at doing so. I told him "no disrespect to you, its just the quality of the machine" Then we went through what all has been done to it. He was fine and said this does not effect any future sales. He said the way we run things here you have to be happy, I am frustrated at husqvarna and I you are too so we each take our anger out on husqvarna not each other! I was glad he said that. I did not think I could ask for the full $3,500 back. So I just ask for $3,000. No problem he said, that is what he was thinking too. So then I head up the road to the deere dealer. They had a used 345 for $2,100 with a snow blower. NO! Hood was cracked, engine leaked oil, rough machine! Then the salesman says they have a used 2006 x540 real good shape, 262 hours, power steering, power lift, 54" deck, traction control, tilt wheel, 26 horse kawasaki-liquid cooled! We made a deal and it only cost me the same as the entire husky and bagger! :greendr: I was really wanting a 425 or 445 tractor but good ones are few and far between plus cost $4-$5,000.

Mowed with it last night and I like it! No problems and no uneven mowing issues! Besides the yard I was mowing grows like crazy and it will grow 6 inches a week if it rains! I ask her to quit fertilizing it! :praying:

I cannot say I will never buy another husqvarna! I would like one of the PZ or IZ series zero turn they are built by yazoo-kees (I think) and are a heavy duty unit compared to the ayp tractors and zero turns!

:fing32:

#4 ·
As we speak, my husky, YTH22V42LS, is at the dealer. This is the letter I sent to the dealer after speaking with them on the phone:

"My Husqvqrna tractor is being picked up today at my home. It was delivered last Friday. It has 2 hours on it.
When it was delivered the set-up was not completed. The belt for the blower on the bagger was not attached. The deck was not leveled. The air pressure in the tires was at least 10 psi over the recommended pressure in each tire. There are two scratches on the non bagger side of the mower deck. Only one key was delivered.
I corrected those items except for the scratches and missing key.
I still have issues with this tractor which I want you to address. The bagger does not seal properly on the frame causing grass to blow out all over the tractor and driver. The steering wheel is not aligned properly. The decal on the engine air cover is pealing off. There is supposed to be a spacer in the center tube of the support frame of the bagger. Please recheck the belts and level of the mower deck. I purchased this tractor from a dealer instead of a big box store because I thought I'd get better service. So far I'm not impressed. Please put my tractor at the front of the list so that I can get it back as soon as possible. Thank You."

As far as my problems with the tractor (so far), I feel they were all due to improper dealer set-up. Except maybe the bagger blowing grass all over the mower and I. The dealer told me there was a bad batch of bagger covers from the factory. But if he knew this, he should have checked mine ....

Anyway, I'm getting it back tomorrow and hopefully that will be the end of it. But like I said. I only have 2 hours on this machine so far, so I really can't comment on the tractor's quality yet. Hopefully it's better than the dealer's prep.
Just a disappointing beginning...

#5 ·
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=146870 were most of my issues. The deck had lots of rpm but no vacuum! Sometimes a big clump of grass would be left from the week before and the blades would skip over it and not pick it up and spit it back out!

I'll add the powerflow hood was junk upon arrival through shipping. The big plastic screen inside was broken, missing some bolts, washers, nuts, and spacers! Where the hood attached was broken from shipping also! Dealer got me what I needed. After waiting a month to get it and to be disappointed again!

It was a disappointment from the get go!

Kevlm
Just a disappointing beginning...
Run while you still can!

I was thinking with the warranty It would last long enough till I could afford a new Deere or Husqvarna commercial zeroturn! Well with my problems just starting even under a year I decided to get out while I could. No sense of dragging it along. My 30 year old mowers had less issues than this new one!

#8 ·
Wow, my YTH22V42LS is doing just fine, even though I did have the same decal pealing problem, I just took it off.

I mow in very dusty conditions, especially with the drought we are having, the tractor has held up very nicely.

I did fix the loose steering by adding a machine washer but other than the added maintenance from the dusty condition this mower has been great.

I understand the blower is a problem and will not add that to my mower, too bad they did not do thier research! I did add the mulching kit and that works fine.

With only one summer under my belt so far so good, summer two, will shake things out and tell the tell on durability.

good luck to all

Vern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.