My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Kemp chipper/shredder K6CH, was originally electric start but changed engines, no longer electric start. The original belt, which lasted for years, broke and I'm having trouble with replacements. Tractor Supply 5/8" X 69" Kevlar belt seems to fit but I'll run the machine for just a few sessions and it will break. OK maybe I'm stupid but I've gone through 3 of these belts now. So I thought, maybe it's not the right size, maybe need a better belt? My original operating manual does not specify a size. It's tightened to where the engine bolts are mid-slot, so not a lot of leeway. I've had this machine since 1992 and it has been great. Last summer, a couple of the hammers were cracked so I had the whole thing taken apart with the help of a friend, took the drum assembly to a welder who fixed it; cleaned/repainted the body, got my friend to help me reassemble and all seems good except for the belt. And it is not the easiest thing for me and my partner to replace and get tension correct not to mention $20 + tax for each belt.
I've even considered forgetting about it and buying a new DR machine but seems like a waste just for a belt problem. So resorted to joining and posting on this forum hoping someone can help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts